Build with runtime package

If I create a component with Delphi 6 Enterprise, I insert it in a package
for use to design-time,
now can I use like external library for reduce the dimensions of my file
exe?
Are possible to render outside to the file exe only my package and not all
the library of Delphi?

Hello and thanks.
Enrico

Re:Build with runtime package

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:22:07 GMT, "Enrico" <ci...@libero.it> wrote:
>If I create a component with Delphi 6 Enterprise, I insert it in a package
>for use to design-time,
>now can I use like external library for reduce the dimensions of my file
>exe?

Sure, that's one of the ideas behind packages.

>Are possible to render outside to the file exe only my package and not all
>the library of Delphi?

You can, but it's a little bit tricky and the contents of the Package
are then not more than the stuff in a DLL - that means that as/is
operator won't work any more and you have to create the components at
runtime....

basically : RTTI doesn't work
-> you don't want to do that.

Re:Build with runtime package

Sorry, but I don't understand.
I would like to make an external library (file BCP), to link of my exe and
only
my component but not all Borland Delphi library ( no vcl60.bcp, no
rtl60.bcp, .... ).
I would like to make an exe with only my component library external.

Is it possible ?
If yes, when ?

> >Are possible to render outside to the file exe only my package and not
all
> >the library of Delphi?

> You can, but it's a little bit tricky and the contents of the Package
> are then not more than the stuff in a DLL - that means that as/is
> operator won't work any more and you have to create the components at
> runtime....

> basically : RTTI doesn't work
> -> you don't want to do that.

Re:Build with runtime package

>Is it possible ?

No, it's not !
You could do if you were willing to only create components at runtime.

Other Threads