search RAM in BIOS

Hi

I need to read to size of the RAM out of the BIOS.
Is there any way how to get along with pascal, or with assembler?
My problem is that when my Pc is out for a couple of hours, it finds only
128MB. When I reset it then, the Pc finds the real size of 256MB. This
resetting is really annoying. I'd like to write a small program in dos, that
searches, during booting the OS, the RAM in the BIOS.

Thanks in advance, Florian Gau

Re:search RAM in BIOS

Florian Gau wrote:
> Hi

> I need to read to size of the RAM out of the BIOS.
> Is there any way how to get along with pascal, or with assembler?
> My problem is that when my Pc is out for a couple of hours, it finds only
> 128MB. When I reset it then, the Pc finds the real size of 256MB. This
> resetting is really annoying. I'd like to write a small program in dos, that
> searches, during booting the OS, the RAM in the BIOS.

> Thanks in advance, Florian Gau

1. why don't you repair this BIOS or hardware defect? Maybe some BIOS
update?

2. that what you want is not easy. There are several interrupts to query
and assemble the information afterwards. The ones needed most are:

Int 15h, Subfunct. 801h, 802h and 88h

Details on them can be found in: Ralf Browns Interrupt list

Greetings

Markus

Other Threads