Board index » delphi » BDE error $2A04

BDE error $2A04

We periodically receive this error which requires a re-boot of the
system to clear. I have upgrade to the latest versions of the BDE/SQL
Links which improved the situation a little and have also removed one
of the computers processors (dual pentium 133's/ NT 4) which made the
biggest difference.

The application is actually a Delphi CGI script that logs into a
database and returns a web page and hence may have multiple logins
at one time although simulating this doesn't always produce the error.

$2A04 means    Operation Not Applicable, which is not a lot of help.

Anyone get this error/can point me in the right direction (it seems to
be a thread/speed related problem as removing the 2nd processor
helps)/ or have a solution?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW Borland have had this problem logged for months with no joy.

Kieron

 

Re:BDE error $2A04


Quote
Kieron Murphy wrote:

> We periodically receive this error which requires a re-boot of the
> system to clear. I have upgrade to the latest versions of the BDE/SQL
> Links which improved the situation a little and have also removed one
> of the computers processors (dual pentium 133's/ NT 4) which made the
> biggest difference.

> The application is actually a Delphi CGI script that logs into a
> database and returns a web page and hence may have multiple logins
> at one time although simulating this doesn't always produce the error.

> $2A04 means    Operation Not Applicable, which is not a lot of help.

> Anyone get this error/can point me in the right direction (it seems to
> be a thread/speed related problem as removing the 2nd processor
> helps)/ or have a solution?

> Any help would be appreciated.

> BTW Borland have had this problem logged for months with no joy.

> Kieron

We also have the same problem. We have a MS SQL Server 6.0 backend.
Digital Dual Pentium Box running NT4.0. Removal of second processor
increased up time from minutes to days or weeks but this isn't good
enough. Below is extract from letter to BORLAND CEO in Australia.

"BDE Errors. 32 bit only.

The BDE fails with the following error messages
An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $2A04) or
An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $000E) or
An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $2B04) or
An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $2108) or
An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $3E06) when put under load.

These programs can run  1000's of times with the same parameters before
failing with no reason. The same programs compiled in 16 bit never fail.
Removal of second processor reduced the incidence dramatically.

Problem has been logged with Borland Support for 6 months with no
resolution in sight. This is most unsatisfactory. We have spent hundreds
of hours trying to solve this problem and it is almost at the stage we
were will rewrite our software bypassing the BDE totally. I am aware of
3 other web sites experiencing the same problem all running Windows NT
either 3.51 or 4.0, MS SQL server 6.0 or 6.5 or Oracle backends, with
either multiprocessor or single pentium configurations."

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Minimim code rewrite is a
priority.

Charles.

Re:BDE error $2A04


On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 03:00:45 GMT, re...@p085.aone.net.au (Kieron

Quote
Murphy) wrote:

I get BDE error $2501 (error initializing BDE) on Pentium Pro
processor when having one 32-bit Delphi application active and then
starting Delphi developer ?!!!. The database is Oracle 7.3 on the
same machine. This might relate to the problems mentioned earlier in
this thread.

Does anyone know what this means ?

---------------
Mika Mustonen
Mikamatic Oy, Espoo, Finland
email - mika.musto...@mmatic.pp.fi
---------------

Re:BDE error $2A04


 9473  2501  Insufficient memory for this operation.

{ This code came from Lloyd's help file! }

Mika Mustonen <mika.musto...@mmatic.pp.fi> wrote in article
<331f0db1.17678...@news.eunet.fi>...

Quote
> On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 03:00:45 GMT, re...@p085.aone.net.au (Kieron
> Murphy) wrote:

> I get BDE error $2501 (error initializing BDE) on Pentium Pro
> processor when having one 32-bit Delphi application active and then
> starting Delphi developer ?!!!. The database is Oracle 7.3 on the
> same machine. This might relate to the problems mentioned earlier in
> this thread.

> Does anyone know what this means ?

> ---------------
> Mika Mustonen
> Mikamatic Oy, Espoo, Finland
> email - mika.musto...@mmatic.pp.fi
> ---------------

Re:BDE error $2A04


Quote
Mika Mustonen wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Feb 1997 03:00:45 GMT, re...@p085.aone.net.au (Kieron
> Murphy) wrote:

> I get BDE error $2501 (error initializing BDE) on Pentium Pro
> processor when having one 32-bit Delphi application active and then
> starting Delphi developer ?!!!. The database is Oracle 7.3 on the
> same machine. This might relate to the problems mentioned earlier in
> this thread.

  $2501:  Resource or Limit Error  --  Not enough Memory for this op.

  There ya go....

--
Jason
E...@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

Other Threads