Problems adding components

I get the following errors adding new DCU's or PAS files:
Undeclared Identifier "Register"
Anyone know what the problem is?  I get it on about 50% of the
components I try to add.  Could it be a v1.0 vs. v2.0 problem?

Re:Problems adding components

Paul Bergman wrote:

> I get the following errors adding new DCU's or PAS files:
> Undeclared Identifier "Register"
> Anyone know what the problem is?  I get it on about 50% of the
> components I try to add.  Could it be a v1.0 vs. v2.0 problem?

Heh, I had this happen once. Had to re-start delphi, and try again.
Dont know why, but Im sure there is an answer out there ;)

Bernard
Pro Medicus
Systems Developement
bern...@promed.com.au

Re:Problems adding components

On Sat, 17 May 1997 22:10:33 +1000, Bernard Michael Duscher

<del...@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
>Paul Bergman wrote:

>> I get the following errors adding new DCU's or PAS files:
>> Undeclared Identifier "Register"
>> Anyone know what the problem is?  I get it on about 50% of the
>> components I try to add.  Could it be a v1.0 vs. v2.0 problem?

(didn't see the orignal)

A properly written component has to have a procedure Register so that
it can tell Delphi where it should be installed on the Component
Palette.  If it doesn't have a Register procedure it's not a
component.

J. Merrill / Analytical Software Corp

Other Threads