UCRPE32.pas

UCRPE32 is listed in the uses clause of my data module unit.  I'm
executing a crystal report from Delphi.  Now after compiling and running
repeatedly with no errors, I'm getting an error at compile time that
says "File not found: 'UCRPE32.pas'."  I can't find the file anywhere,
and I'm unable to remove 'UCRPE32'.  Any ideas?

TIA,
Mike

Re:UCRPE32.pas

I am not sure I understand your problem.  If the file is not on your hard
drive and it was originally it must have been deleted.  Restore it from a
backup or reinstall it from your Crystal Reports disk.

When you say you are unable to remove UCRPE32 do you mean you cannot remove
it from the uses clause? What happens when you try to remove it?  The unit
file is just an ASCII text file so I cannot imagine what would keep your
from deleting text.  I believe there is also a component associated with
UCRPE32.  If that is true you will have to remove the component too.

--
Bill Todd

Re:UCRPE32.pas

check that the UCRPE file (dcu?) is in the library path. I've had similar
errors when the expected dcu's are in the path.
Michael J. Scott wrote in message <35CB6508.1CB05...@adpbenefits.com>...
>UCRPE32 is listed in the uses clause of my data module unit.  I'm
>executing a crystal report from Delphi.  Now after compiling and running
>repeatedly with no errors, I'm getting an error at compile time that
>says "File not found: 'UCRPE32.pas'."  I can't find the file anywhere,
>and I'm unable to remove 'UCRPE32'.  Any ideas?

>TIA,
>Mike

Re:UCRPE32.pas

Michael J. Scott wrote:

> UCRPE32 is listed in the uses clause of my data module unit.  I'm
> executing a crystal report from Delphi.  Now after compiling and running
> repeatedly with no errors, I'm getting an error at compile time that
> says "File not found: 'UCRPE32.pas'."  I can't find the file anywhere,
> and I'm unable to remove 'UCRPE32'.  Any ideas?

a) Download the latest copy of the Crystal Reports component
from the Seagate web site (or even your original copy).
Unzip, and this will give you back the 'source' directory
that has the file in it. It contains the utility code for
crystal. The latest version may take some work to integrate,
but has some MUCH nicer features, and is heaps easier to
use.

b) Add the directory with the file to your search path, and
everything will compile fine. You can't remove it because
the DCU is dependent.

Regards
Darren Lyon
Soft-Co Australia