REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

I'm trying to insert all the records of a paradox table into a
Interbase table, using batchmove or this SQL instruction

insert into ":IBDB:Movement" select * from ":PXTB:tempTbl.db"

but is very slow, there is a fast way to do this ?

thanks in advance

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re:REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

Re:REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

This is slow, because all records are moved from the Paradox database to the
BDE and from the BDE to the Interbase database. You could increase the speed
if Paradox would be able to store records in an Interbase database or if
Interbase would be able to read Paradox records (thereby avoiding the BDE).
Unfortunately neither Paradox nor Interbase support this...

<massi4...@my-deja.com> schreef in bericht

> I'm trying to insert all the records of a paradox table into a
> Interbase table, using batchmove or this SQL instruction

> insert into ":IBDB:Movement" select * from ":PXTB:tempTbl.db"

> but is very slow, there is a fast way to do this ?

> thanks in advance

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Re:REQ: Insert records in Interbase table from Paradox table

Hi,

I have just done that but used hard code and tables... what happens with
batch move if the paradox field is of type Boolean or integer?

Regards

Dave

<massi4...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:92smla$ros$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> I'm trying to insert all the records of a paradox table into a
> Interbase table, using batchmove or this SQL instruction

> insert into ":IBDB:Movement" select * from ":PXTB:tempTbl.db"

> but is very slow, there is a fast way to do this ?

> thanks in advance

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Other Threads