Table is full error

Has anyone had a "Table is full" error with tables over 130mb in size?
I'm converting a large text table to a Paradox 7.0 table and then to
another Paradox 7.0 table. I get a table is full error when the third table
gets over 130mb in size. (Perhaps the size has nothing to do with it?)
I saw that the Paradox maximum table size is 2 billion records and this
table only has approx 1,000,000 records so I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?
Rob

Re:Table is full error

You probably need a larger block size for these tables. The default
size is 2048, and the maximum number of blocks is 65535. This gives a
max table size of 134 million bytes, which probably is close enough to
130MB that this would be your problem.

You have to set the block size in the BDE administrator before the
table is created. The block size stays with the table, so you can
change the block size settng, create your tables, then cange it back.
The BDE will handle tables of mixed block sizes with no problem.

This is all from memory, but I am pretty sure there is at least one TI
at borlands web site that gives all the details.

HTH,
Dan

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:47:18 -0400, "Robert McLaughlin"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[Remove the SPAM from my e-mail address]

Re:Table is full error

Hi,

Can a tables Block Size be modified after its creation. I have tables
with over 200 fields in each, I don't really want to re-create them.

Thanks,

Robbie...

d...@SPAMcmdcsystems.com (Dan Brennand) wrote:
>You probably need a larger block size for these tables. The default
>size is 2048, and the maximum number of blocks is 65535. This gives a
>max table size of 134 million bytes, which probably is close enough to
>130MB that this would be your problem.

>You have to set the block size in the BDE administrator before the
>table is created. The block size stays with the table, so you can
>change the block size settng, create your tables, then cange it back.
>The BDE will handle tables of mixed block sizes with no problem.

>This is all from memory, but I am pretty sure there is at least one TI
>at borlands web site that gives all the details.

>HTH,
>Dan

>On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:47:18 -0400, "Robert McLaughlin"
><robe...@infonet.tufts.edu> wrote:

>>Has anyone had a "Table is full" error with tables over 130mb in size?
>>I'm converting a large text table to a Paradox 7.0 table and then to
>>another Paradox 7.0 table. I get a table is full error when the third table
>>gets over 130mb in size. (Perhaps the size has nothing to do with it?)
>>I saw that the Paradox maximum table size is 2 billion records and this
>>table only has approx 1,000,000 records so I'm a little confused.

>>Any ideas?
>>Rob

Re:Table is full error

When you create a table you can 'borrow' the structure from your old table.
Then, just 'add' records from the old into the new one.

Aage J.

Robbie wrote:
> Hi,
> Can a tables Block Size be modified after its creation. I have tables
> with over 200 fields in each, I don't really want to re-create them.
> Thanks,
> Robbie...

Re:Table is full error

Robbie wrote:

> Can a tables Block Size be modified after its creation. I have tables
> with over 200 fields in each, I don't really want to re-create them.

Try these. And bookmark for later retrieval, you won't find any of those
Borland ZIP-files with keyword search later.

http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/1352.html
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/pxrest.zip

Markku Nevalainen

Re:Table is full error

Hmm,  I'm experiencing the same problem at around the same table size.

Why not simply set the block size to be 16 k and use that for all new
tables???

jr

Robbie <robbie...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

> Hi,

> Can a tables Block Size be modified after its creation. I have tables
> with over 200 fields in each, I don't really want to re-create them.

> Thanks,

> Robbie...

> d...@SPAMcmdcsystems.com (Dan Brennand) wrote:

> >You probably need a larger block size for these tables. The default
> >size is 2048, and the maximum number of blocks is 65535. This gives a
> >max table size of 134 million bytes, which probably is close enough to
> >130MB that this would be your problem.

> >You have to set the block size in the BDE administrator before the
> >table is created. The block size stays with the table, so you can
> >change the block size settng, create your tables, then cange it back.
> >The BDE will handle tables of mixed block sizes with no problem.

> >This is all from memory, but I am pretty sure there is at least one TI
> >at borlands web site that gives all the details.

> >HTH,
> >Dan

> >On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 09:47:18 -0400, "Robert McLaughlin"
> ><robe...@infonet.tufts.edu> wrote:

> >>Has anyone had a "Table is full" error with tables over 130mb in size?
> >>I'm converting a large text table to a Paradox 7.0 table and then to
> >>another Paradox 7.0 table. I get a table is full error when the third
table
> >>gets over 130mb in size. (Perhaps the size has nothing to do with it?)
> >>I saw that the Paradox maximum table size is 2 billion records and this
> >>table only has approx 1,000,000 records so I'm a little confused.

> >>Any ideas?
> >>Rob

Re:Table is full error

Hi :)

I think there is a tool that can do table restructure in Paradox. I
cannot find it right now on my computer, but try to look at
www.borland.com and go to Developer's Support and then to BDE. There
you should find something. Please, be careful to select correct
version (depending on your version of Delphi/BDE).
        It's free for legal users of Delphi.

Shalom,

Mladen Kuzminski
BORLAND / INPRISE distribucija
KONTO d.o.o. Pozega, Ured Varazdin
042/313-608, 313-609

mailto:borl...@konto.hr
http://www.konto.hr

LEGALNO JE SIGURNO! BSA g.i.u.
http://www.bsa.hr
mailto:hotl...@bsa.hr

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999 20:10:21 -0600, "Joey Roa" <j...@jawstech.com>
wrote:

>Hmm,  I'm experiencing the same problem at around the same table size.

>Why not simply set the block size to be 16 k and use that for all new
>tables???

>jr

>Robbie <robbie...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi,

>> Can a tables Block Size be modified after its creation. I have tables
>> with over 200 fields in each, I don't really want to re-create them.

>> Thanks,

>> Robbie...

>> d...@SPAMcmdcsystems.com (Dan Brennand) wrote:

>> >You probably need a larger block size for these tables. The default
>> >size is 2048, and the maximum number of blocks is 65535. This gives a
>> >max table size of 134 million bytes, which probably is close enough to
>> >130MB that this would be your problem.

>> >You have to set the block size in the BDE administrator before the
>> >table is created. The block size stays with the table, so you can
>> >change the block size settng, create your tables, then cange it back.
>> >The BDE will handle tables of mixed block sizes with no problem.

>> >This is all from memory, but I am pretty sure there is at least one TI
>> >at borlands web site that gives all the details.

>> >HTH,
>> >Dan

>table

Other Threads