Updating blobs fast

How do I use the TIBSQL to update blobs? I think I might be able
to use IBSQL1.Params[0].AsString, but that means I have to make
a string from my array or record. And since these are not very
small, I think there will be some overhead in just moving data
from memory to memory when I construct this string. Is there a
way to avoid this memory moving, or other things I can do to
speed things up?

Re:Updating blobs fast

Use Params [n].LoadFromStream and Params [n].SaveToStream

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

<David Henningsson nil> escribi en el mensaje news:3b2f4154$1_2@dnews...

> How do I use the TIBSQL to update blobs? I think I might be able
> to use IBSQL1.Params[0].AsString, but that means I have to make
> a string from my array or record. And since these are not very
> small, I think there will be some overhead in just moving data
> from memory to memory when I construct this string. Is there a
> way to avoid this memory moving, or other things I can do to
> speed things up?

Re:Updating blobs fast

>Use Params [n].LoadFromStream and Params [n].SaveToStream

Then I have to construct a stream instead of a string, which I
guess would require some extra overhead too?

// David

Re:Updating blobs fast

Use file stream.

--

<David Henningsson nil> escribi en el mensaje news:3b2f6250$1_2@dnews...

> >Use Params [n].LoadFromStream and Params [n].SaveToStream

> Then I have to construct a stream instead of a string, which I
> guess would require some extra overhead too?

> // David

Other Threads