.net and .lck files again (sigh)

Hi everyone,

I thought I understood it, but...
Situation:

- Data on the server
- App on workstation
- Right now I'm the only one using the data
- No .NET or .LCK files anywhere on my local machine or on the networked
drive having the data
- No other apps running using the BDE

In the initialization section of my data module:

  Session.NetFileDir := 'P:\Delphi\Common code\PAGO32\Data';
  Session.PrivateDir := 'D:\TEMP';
  Session.AddPassWord(PWStr);

Error: Run-time error 217 on the AddPasword

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jan

Re:.net and .lck files again (sigh)

Hi!

Use for the Password following:

>   Session.NetFileDir := 'P:\Delphi\Common code\PAGO32\Data';
>   Session.PrivateDir := 'D:\TEMP';

Session.OnPassword := Password;

procedure TDatamudule.Password(Sender: TObject; var Continue: Boolean);
begin
   Session.AddPassword('Anything');
   Continue := True;
end;

Schustereder Michael

"Jan Doggen" <j.dog...@qsa.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi everyone,

> I thought I understood it, but...
> Situation:

> - Data on the server
> - App on workstation
> - Right now I'm the only one using the data
> - No .NET or .LCK files anywhere on my local machine or on the networked
> drive having the data
> - No other apps running using the BDE

> In the initialization section of my data module:

>   Session.NetFileDir := 'P:\Delphi\Common code\PAGO32\Data';
>   Session.PrivateDir := 'D:\TEMP';
>   Session.AddPassWord(PWStr);

> Error: Run-time error 217 on the AddPasword

> What am I doing wrong?

> Thanks,
> Jan

Other Threads