BDE temporary files in WINNT directory?

The BDE appears to create a temporary file in the C:\WINNT directory when it
initializes, and deletes it when the app closes. This isn't acceptable,
because the security on the machine this is running on will only give read
access to that directory, and I'm not allowed to change those permissions.
The file the BDE creates is INMEMxxx.REM, where xxx is a three-digit
semi-random number. Does anyone know how to set the BDE up to place this
file somewhere else? It doesn't appear to be anywhere in the configuration.
Help!

Re:BDE temporary files in WINNT directory?

Hi, Jim

BDE uses value of enviroment variable TMP for placing INMEMxxx.REM.

c:>set TMP=c:\less_secure_dir

that's all.

    Regards, Igor E. Poteryaev

Jim Blust wrote:

> The BDE appears to create a temporary file in the C:\WINNT directory when it
> initializes, and deletes it when the app closes. This isn't acceptable,
> because the security on the machine this is running on will only give read
> access to that directory, and I'm not allowed to change those permissions.
> The file the BDE creates is INMEMxxx.REM, where xxx is a three-digit
> semi-random number. Does anyone know how to set the BDE up to place this
> file somewhere else? It doesn't appear to be anywhere in the configuration.
> Help!

Other Threads