Appointment Calendar

Hi there,

I need to create an appointment system using Delphi 3 Prof. Being new to

Delphi, I'm having a great struggle.
Initially, all people on a database are sent an invitation letter asking

them to come in for a check-up. An appointment time is, thus, randomly
allocated to each person. For those people who respond, obviously, there

will be people who can not come in on the allotted time and would like
call in to change the appoinment time. This is where my problem lies.
When
they call in, there will be a clerk sitting at the computer, checking
the
appointment system to see whether there are days and times available for

the change. The clerk should be able to browse through each month
calendar(the system is required only for one year), click on any
paticular
day, and have all the times, whether booked or unbooked, on screen. The
clerk should then first delete the current appointment time and then go
the required calendar, pick a suitable day and tick the right time. This

new change automatically updates the existing database, so that a new
letter with a new appointment time can be sent to the concerned
individual.

I think I need to create a TSampleCalendar suited to my needs and then
connect it to the database somehow. But as I'm such a novice to Delphi,
don't know where to start. Could someone give me a few clues please? Any

codes and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

max

Re:Appointment Calendar

Hi,

There must be a calendar component available.  Check Tory's Delphi Pages and
Delphi Super Page (http://www.torry.ru/ and
http://SunSITE.icm.edu.pl/delphi/).

I'm sure you'll find something.

However, if not, it sounds like an interesting idea (to create an
appointment Calendar).

One, probably not the fanciest, idea is to set up a form with 31 TMemos
arranged as on a calendar.  Additional controls on the form could be used to
move from month to month or to "explode" one of the days into a separate
form with more detail for the day.  Labels over each of the TMemos could
show the actual day number.  The captions would change depending on the
month and year.

All in all, it doesn't sound too difficult.

Ed

--
Ed Hochman - MBH Systems - e...@mbhsys.com

Re:Appointment Calendar

I'm not so sure he'll find something. A long time ago, a company called
AppVision had a promising product called KingCalendar. But they seem to have
dropped the ball big-time or died at their computers or something. I had
purchased a copy, received some sort or beta or pre-release with a promise of
the real thing, which never arrived. Moreover, the company seemed completely
dead to correspondence. (In short, they have my cash and I have no product.)
Anyway, though it has been a while since I last searched for a similar
component, without success, I theorize that AppVision's early lead put off
competition and their demise left a gap in the market.

Now AppVision's web page is still floating around out there, but -- from my
limited experience -- they are a completely unreliable organization.

John Langley

Ed Hochman wrote:
> Hi,

> There must be a calendar component available.  Check Tory's Delphi Pages and
> Delphi Super Page (http://www.torry.ru/ and
> http://SunSITE.icm.edu.pl/delphi/).

> I'm sure you'll find something.

[snip..]

Re:Appointment Calendar

Hello Max

There is a new suite of Calander components being developed.  They will be
released in the next short while.  Check out  http://www.innovasoftware.com/

I have been playing with their betas - and I must say I am impressed.  Very
nice.  They may fill the void left by king calander dissapearing....

Bradley Macdonald

Re:Appointment Calendar

I have been using the Solutions::PIM controls.  They are ActiveX, but they
work well...and they are not beta.  Try www.dbi-tech.com.

In any event I agree with the answers in this thread that say get components
if you can find them.  We tried to build from scratch and believe me it is a
lot more work and expense than necessary for one job.

--jd

Re:Appointment Calendar

See if you can get your hands on "Delphi Developers Guide" Pacheo and
Teixeira (SAMS). There is a complete D1 design for a PIM.

Bob
--
(Cut reading time...do not quote back more of a message
 than is necessary  to make sense!)

Re:Appointment Calendar

Hi Max,

Don't know if you already found the controls your looking for, but I would
suggest you try ours.
We are in the process of completing the "Professional Version" which will
include data aware versions of our controls.

http://www.fesoft.com/pimflash/

Gabriel Forner
gfor...@fesoft.com
http://www.fesoft.com

Max Le wrote:
> Hi there,

> I need to create an appointment system using Delphi 3 Prof. Being new to

> Delphi, I'm having a great struggle.
> Initially, all people on a database are sent an invitation letter asking

> them to come in for a check-up. An appointment time is, thus, randomly
> allocated to each person. For those people who respond, obviously, there

> will be people who can not come in on the allotted time and would like
> call in to change the appoinment time. This is where my problem lies.
> When
> they call in, there will be a clerk sitting at the computer, checking
> the
> appointment system to see whether there are days and times available for

> the change. The clerk should be able to browse through each month
> calendar(the system is required only for one year), click on any
> paticular
> day, and have all the times, whether booked or unbooked, on screen. The
> clerk should then first delete the current appointment time and then go
> the required calendar, pick a suitable day and tick the right time. This

> new change automatically updates the existing database, so that a new
> letter with a new appointment time can be sent to the concerned
> individual.

> I think I need to create a TSampleCalendar suited to my needs and then
> connect it to the database somehow. But as I'm such a novice to Delphi,
> don't know where to start. Could someone give me a few clues please? Any

> codes and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance.

> max

Re:Appointment Calendar

Hi Max,

Don't know if you already found the controls your looking for, but I would
suggest you try ours.
We are in the process of completeing the "Professional Version" which will

Max Le wrote:
> Hi there,

> I need to create an appointment system using Delphi 3 Prof. Being new to

> Delphi, I'm having a great struggle.
> Initially, all people on a database are sent an invitation letter asking

> them to come in for a check-up. An appointment time is, thus, randomly
> allocated to each person. For those people who respond, obviously, there

> will be people who can not come in on the allotted time and would like
> call in to change the appoinment time. This is where my problem lies.
> When
> they call in, there will be a clerk sitting at the computer, checking
> the
> appointment system to see whether there are days and times available for

> the change. The clerk should be able to browse through each month
> calendar(the system is required only for one year), click on any
> paticular
> day, and have all the times, whether booked or unbooked, on screen. The
> clerk should then first delete the current appointment time and then go
> the required calendar, pick a suitable day and tick the right time. This

> new change automatically updates the existing database, so that a new
> letter with a new appointment time can be sent to the concerned
> individual.

> I think I need to create a TSampleCalendar suited to my needs and then
> connect it to the database somehow. But as I'm such a novice to Delphi,
> don't know where to start. Could someone give me a few clues please? Any

> codes and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance.

> max

Other Threads