MDAC 2.6 and ADO problem?

Problem:
I'm using MySQL, ADO and C++Builder5.(Win 98 second edition)
Firstly, when I did  "select Last_Inser_ID() from table" query on my
PC, I got more or less the following the error "Driver Manager does not
support this parameter"
(This is not a problem on mySQL because it worked fine on other PC's)

I then while re-installing the the mySQL ODBC driver, I chose to overwrite
the current ODBC Driver manager.
This totally messed up my ODBC, constantly giving something like "Cannot
open database, Provide incorrect or not installed", even after re-installing
the mySQL ODBC driver.

I then downloaded ODBC 3.0 and installed that, without success.

Then I downloaded and installed MDAC 2.6. The database opens fine now, but I
get an error when I insert a record:
"insufficient key column information for updating and refreshing."
(This table only has 2 fields, an Autonumber and text field. This used to
work before all this updates etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this at any stage?
(Maybe using MDAC2.5 instead of MDAC 2.6?)

Regards
Edrian

Re:MDAC 2.6 and ADO problem?

Dear Edrian

Make sure that your AutoNumber field is a 'key' field: many drivers will not
allow you to update and refresh records unless you have a key field defined.

David

--
David Wilcockson
Librios Ltd

Email: d...@librios.com

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7240 0490
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7240 0492

Direct Tel: +44 (0) 1908 543090
Direct Fax: +44 (0) 1908 543091

"Edrian Luyt" <edr...@h-a-s.co.za> wrote in message news:3bfb92f3_2@dnews...
> Problem:
> I'm using MySQL, ADO and C++Builder5.(Win 98 second edition)
> Firstly, when I did  "select Last_Inser_ID() from table" query on my
> PC, I got more or less the following the error "Driver Manager does not
> support this parameter"
> (This is not a problem on mySQL because it worked fine on other PC's)

> I then while re-installing the the mySQL ODBC driver, I chose to overwrite
> the current ODBC Driver manager.
> This totally messed up my ODBC, constantly giving something like "Cannot
> open database, Provide incorrect or not installed", even after
re-installing
> the mySQL ODBC driver.

> I then downloaded ODBC 3.0 and installed that, without success.

> Then I downloaded and installed MDAC 2.6. The database opens fine now, but
> get an error when I insert a record:
> "insufficient key column information for updating and refreshing."
> (This table only has 2 fields, an Autonumber and text field. This used to
> work before all this updates etc.)

> Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this at any stage?
> (Maybe using MDAC2.5 instead of MDAC 2.6?)

> Regards
> Edrian

Re:MDAC 2.6 and ADO problem?

David,

Thanks for the tip.
This was not the problem in this instance.
It was settings that I needed to change on the mySQL ODBC driver
(column width validation and Big Int64 compatibility) that solved my
problem.

Regard
Edrian

> > Problem:
> > I'm using MySQL, ADO and C++Builder5.(Win 98 second edition)
> > Firstly, when I did  "select Last_Inser_ID() from table" query on my
> > PC, I got more or less the following the error "Driver Manager does not
> > support this parameter"
> > (This is not a problem on mySQL because it worked fine on other PC's)

> > I then while re-installing the the mySQL ODBC driver, I chose to
overwrite
> > the current ODBC Driver manager.
> > This totally messed up my ODBC, constantly giving something like "Cannot
> > open database, Provide incorrect or not installed", even after
> re-installing
> > the mySQL ODBC driver.

> > I then downloaded ODBC 3.0 and installed that, without success.

> > Then I downloaded and installed MDAC 2.6. The database opens fine now,
but
> > get an error when I insert a record:
> > "insufficient key column information for updating and refreshing."
> > (This table only has 2 fields, an Autonumber and text field. This used
> > work before all this updates etc.)

> > Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this at any stage?
> > (Maybe using MDAC2.5 instead of MDAC 2.6?)

> > Regards
> > Edrian

Other Threads