ADO .NET Question

Hi, I need to develop an internet application.
This application will consist in the following

        - The client works offline and when it connects to the internet it
has to synchronize the local dataset with the server database. So when all
the data is added in the server it will get all the fresh data with the new
ID Keys, or just retrieve all the records. It is I kind of merge. I think
this can be done using
XML with ADO .NET. And WebServices. I have been looking for examples
everywhere but I only found a few about how to retrieve the dataset from a
webservice and this is just a half of my way.

** Using Delphi7 Enterprise

Anyone has an idea or have done something similar?
Any support and help will be great!

Alvaro Vicente
DTX Corporation
alv...@dtxsolutions.com

Re:ADO .NET Question

Or it can be done using just ADO??

Thanks Again!

"Alvaro Vicente" <alv...@dtxsolutions.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I need to develop an internet application.
> This application will consist in the following

>         - The client works offline and when it connects to the internet it
> has to synchronize the local dataset with the server database. So when all
> the data is added in the server it will get all the fresh data with the
new
> ID Keys, or just retrieve all the records. It is I kind of merge. I think
> this can be done using
> XML with ADO .NET. And WebServices. I have been looking for examples
> everywhere but I only found a few about how to retrieve the dataset from a
> webservice and this is just a half of my way.

> ** Using Delphi7 Enterprise

> Anyone has an idea or have done something similar?
> Any support and help will be great!

> Alvaro Vicente
> DTX Corporation
> alv...@dtxsolutions.com

Re:ADO .NET Question

Alvaro

with simple ADO it can be done with the batch update system.
ADO.NET is more powerfull and design exectly for that prepose
I sugest you get a good book, it's better then any advice if you are
starting a  new project

Regards

    David  B.E   supp...@agrosoft.co.il