TMetafile and TMetafilecanvas

I am trying to convert a Delphi application to Win32. This app uses
metafiles extensively in creating print previews. The metafile support
in Win32 seems to have changed significantly. When I try to map using
MM_ANISOTROPIC, the images do not display at all.  When I map using
MM_ISOTROPIC, the image scaling and placement is incorrect.

This is an example of how I converted the code.  Is there something I am
doing wrong or missing?  All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in
advance.

Neil

Delphi 1 code...
SetmapMode(TCanvas(FCanvases[i-1]).Handle, MM_ANISOTROPIC);
SetWindowExt(TCanvas(FCanvases[i-1].Handle,Printer.PageWidth,
Printer.PageHeight);

Delphi 5 code...
GetWindowExtEx(TMetafileCanvas(FCanvases[i-1].Handle,MySize);
SetmapMode(TMetafileCanvas(FCanvases[i-1]).Handle, MM_ISOTROPIC);
SetWindowExtEx(TMetafileCanvas(FCanvases[i-1].Handle,Printer.PageWidth,
Printer.PageHeight,@MySize);