Watcom Case Sensitivity

We are developing delphi 1.0 app against watcom 4.0.  Our database was
created as Case-Insensitive but delphi thinks that our indexes are
case-sensitive.  When editing character data used in the indexes we get
"screwy" results.  Is there a way to tell delphi that our indexes are
Case-Insensitive?  We do not want to make our database Case-Sensitive.

--
Charles Trivisonno

        EIP Network
"Excellence In Programming"

http://www.eipnetwork.com/

Re:Watcom Case Sensitivity

In <31D12642.1...@eipnetwork.com> Charles Trivisonno

<charl...@eipnetwork.com> writes:

>We are developing delphi 1.0 app against watcom 4.0.  Our database was
>created as Case-Insensitive but delphi thinks that our indexes are
>case-sensitive.  When editing character data used in the indexes we
get
>"screwy" results.  Is there a way to tell delphi that our indexes are
>Case-Insensitive?  We do not want to make our database Case-Sensitive.

>--
>Charles Trivisonno

>    EIP Network
>"Excellence In Programming"

>http://www.eipnetwork.com/

I don't understand why people would think the grass is greener on the
other side.  Watcom and BDE have their own short comings.  At least
from a compatibility stand poit the BDE should be superior since after
all both are developed by Borland.  Please understand me I have no love
for Borland but I still feel that the BDE is the best of all evils.

Ben

Other Threads