Having ODBC problems with Interbase...

I have just installed Delphi on a recently rebuilt computer. After
installing the BDE and SQL Links for Interbase, the program I was
writing refuses to connect to Interbase. When I run it, the program
complains about odbc32.dll not being found. The error first appears on a
session.getaliasparams statement.

What I find interesting is that I can connect on that new development
computer with Paradox. I can also activate the remote Interbase database
component in Delphi without an error. However, any attempt to run the
program gives the odbc32.dll not found error. Is ODBC now required to be
loaded along with BDE? If that is true then where do I get it since none
of the Borland installs seem to include it?

Ted

Re:Having ODBC problems with Interbase...

Ted,

Don't know the answer to your problem i'm afraid.
I have checked and i have the odbc32.dll in my windows\system32 folder even
though i have no Interbase or interbase odbc installed on that machine.
So the file should be part of Windows or it could be installed with Delphi.
I suspect it is a Windows system file?

Franky

Re:Having ODBC problems with Interbase...

Looking in windows control panel, odbc config, the about tab tells me that
odbc32.dll is actually the odbc data source administrator, driver manager.

Franky

Other Threads