Send commands to Unix

hi,

does anybody has a sample of connecting to a Unix server and send commands
to be executed on this server ?

If not, how can I do that ?
What Delphi components would allow me to do it ?

I appreciate if someone could help me, cause this is a kind of urgent.

Thanks a lot !

Renata Lima
ralmeid...@hotmail.com
San Diego, CA

"The ones that reach the further they could go,
thought they could go as far as they reached"  - RL

Re:Send commands to Unix

If your unix system permits it, RSH/REXEC is probably what you need.
Otherwise, you will need a shell account and telnet to the server.  In any
event, the service must be configured to allow this type of access.
RSH/REXEC and TELNET are often locked down or not available at all.  Often,
the only pathway in is through SSH.  You could use something like SecureCRT
to provide port tunneling if SSH is your only viable alternative

INDY provides both RSH/REXEC and Telnet components.  You may want to give
those a try.

Charles

"Renata Lima" <ryna...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> hi,

> does anybody has a sample of connecting to a Unix server and send commands
> to be executed on this server ?

> If not, how can I do that ?
> What Delphi components would allow me to do it ?

> I appreciate if someone could help me, cause this is a kind of urgent.

> Thanks a lot !

> Renata Lima
> ralmeid...@hotmail.com
> San Diego, CA

> "The ones that reach the further they could go,
> thought they could go as far as they reached"  - RL

Other Threads