Btrieve & Titan

I have been told, that Titan would be great for accessing Btieve-Files.
Any coments about that ? Is Titan OK for delphi2 and btrieve ?

T I A
heinz

Heinz Wieczorek   74226 Nordheim   Germany

Out-of-coffee-error at 2 am. System halted.

Re:Btrieve & Titan

Heinz_Wieczo...@turbo.swb.de (Heinz Wieczorek) wrote:
>I have been told, that Titan would be great for accessing Btieve-Files.
>Any coments about that ? Is Titan OK for delphi2 and btrieve ?
>T I A
>heinz

I have used Titan with Delphi 1 for a while now.  For the most part it
works very well, although I have encountered some problems and have
not been able to get fixes for them.  Titan is compatible with many
other 3rd party database components, but in some cases is not (some
restrictions with Infopower, for example).

>Heinz Wieczorek   74226 Nordheim   Germany
>Out-of-coffee-error at 2 am. System halted.

-Steve Lewis
Aphelion Inc.

Re:Btrieve & Titan

I've used Titan with Delphi 1.0.  Worked ok but couldn't access any
other db (paradox, dbase etc) via the BDE once Titan was installed.

Bill

Re:Btrieve & Titan

In article <4ll63h$...@ganja.nol.net> sle...@aphelioninc.com (Steve Lewis) writes:
>From: sle...@aphelioninc.com (Steve Lewis)
>Subject: Re: Btrieve & Titan
>Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 12:09:32 GMT
>Heinz_Wieczo...@turbo.swb.de (Heinz Wieczorek) wrote:
>>I have been told, that Titan would be great for accessing Btieve-Files.
>>Any coments about that ? Is Titan OK for delphi2 and btrieve ?
>>T I A
>>heinz
>I have used Titan with Delphi 1 for a while now.  For the most part it
>works very well, although I have encountered some problems and have
>not been able to get fixes for them.  Titan is compatible with many
>other 3rd party database components, but in some cases is not (some
>restrictions with Infopower, for example).
>>Heinz Wieczorek   74226 Nordheim   Germany
>>Out-of-coffee-error at 2 am. System halted.
>-Steve Lewis
>Aphelion Inc.

Titan will only acess Btrieve Tables via TTable.  No TQuery.  I have not found
any infopower ttable component to fail.  Version 1.35 is VERY stable. (1.35
is the current version.... Don't know what Steve had.)

It is true that when installed it REPLACES the BDE.  Which means no other
access to other databases.  You might have to install 2 copies of delphi to do
ohter work wih other DB's.  It give FAST native access.  No ODBC etc overhead.

Walter

Other Threads