Newbie - SQL & spaces in field names.

Having started on SQL using "SQL in 21 days", which seems an okay book, I'm
stuck. How do you use field with a space in the name?

Thanks

Kenvyn Davies

Re:Newbie - SQL & spaces in field names.

An example would be:

Select D.*
From MyData D
Where D."Date Received" > D. "Invoice Date"

( The letter D is used as an abbreviation for a table name such as
(MyData).

Hope this helps.......

Kenvyn Davies <kenvyndav...@btinternet.com> wrote in article
<6q6ed6$6...@forums.borland.com>...

Kenvyn Davies wrote in message <6q6ed6$6...@forums.borland.com>...
>Having started on SQL using "SQL in 21 days", which seems an okay book, I'm
>stuck. How do you use field with a space in the name?

>Thanks

>Kenvyn Davies

When designing the database and tables - do yourself a favor and don't use
any spaces (many prefer not to use underscores either...)

CustName, SalesYTD, etc...

--Raymond

Other Threads