Multiuser databases..what to watch out for??

I am wondering what things I should keep in mind when developing multi-user
databases?

?such as maintaining database integrity? user rights ?
? using the BDE?
? on windows?
etc...and anything else that people can think of....

If you know of a document that talks about these issues would be much
appreciated.

Thanks

Alex E

Re:Multiuser databases..what to watch out for??

What database are you using?  Different databases handle concurrency issues
differently.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Multiuser databases..what to watch out for??

Using Paradox 7 ............
Bill Todd wrote in message <7mjguo$4a...@forums.borland.com>...
>What database are you using?  Different databases handle concurrency issues
>differently.

>Bill

>--

>Bill Todd - TeamB
>(TeamB cannot respond to email questions. To contact me
> for any other reason remove nospam from my address.)

Re:Multiuser databases..what to watch out for??

There is not much you need to do to write a multiuser Pdox 7 app in Delphi.
All of the record locking is handled automatically for you. Read TI2989 at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list to learn how to configure the BDE
correctly.

Bill

--