changing DB-Structure Paradox

I have to change the structure of a table for one field.
now its char(30) : it has to be char(100).
Are there any tools or tricks.
Cannot use DBD32 cause the table is on a customers pc.
So I have to write a little program, but whats the best?

Guennie

Re:changing DB-Structure Paradox

Add a new field, say Temp char(100).
Copy the content of the orig{*word*7}field to Temp.
Delete the orig{*word*7}field.
Add a new field, with the original name but width 100,
copy the content of Temp back to the new field
delete Temp.

If you used the fieldEditor be aware of the fact that the compiled app will
not recognize the new field 'cause it is not the original type (char(100)
iso char(30)).

Alfred.

"Guennie" <guenteralt...@t-online.de> schreef in bericht

> I have to change the structure of a table for one field.
> now its char(30) : it has to be char(100).
> Are there any tools or tricks.
> Cannot use DBD32 cause the table is on a customers pc.
> So I have to write a little program, but whats the best?

> Guennie

Re:changing DB-Structure Paradox

One way to change the size of a field is with the BDE API function
DbiDoRestructure. See the examples at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex .

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 20:51:43 +0100, "Guennie"

--
Bill (TeamB)