ActiveX Control - Hiding Control at Runtime?

Hello,

I'm developing an ActiveX control from a component that I have written. This
ActiveX control does not have an interface of any kind. However, because
this control will be used in a VB environment, I need the control to only be
visible during design time for the user to set properties, etc.

For example, if you place a timer on the form, you can see the bitmap, set
properties, etc. - but when you run it - it "disappears"...

I need the same functionality with this ActiveX control. I'm currently
requiring the developer to call the "Init" procedure to hide the bitmap. I'm
looking for a more established process.

Any ideas of how I would accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Trevor