Delphi, IB, and SQL Token problems

I keep getting a token not supported error when using the STARTING
WITH or CONTAINING statements from a TQuery. Anyone have any
solutions? The LIKE statement works fine. (I am using named pipes with
SQL Links to an IB server on NT.)

Re:Delphi, IB, and SQL Token problems

Bruce wrote:

> I keep getting a token not supported error when using the STARTING
> WITH or CONTAINING statements from a TQuery. Anyone have any
> solutions? The LIKE statement works fine. (I am using named pipes with
> SQL Links to an IB server on NT.)

1) 'starting with' will not work with the "request live" property set to
true.

2) you can simulate a 'starting with' by using like 'abc%'. They will
both use an index if it is available.

hope this helps

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page         http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page        http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users