Do I need Client-server version?

I am considering writing a  program which would combine information from
Paradox tables on a network server with data from the user, in new
tables to be stored on the server. The Paradox tables I want to access
are used in a multi-user Paradox application. Do I need the
client-server version to
1) just reading the Paradox tables ?
2) if my application is to be used by several users simultaneously?

Re:Do I need Client-server version?

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:06:28 +0200, Tore Ottinsen

<tor...@hellerud.vgs.no> wrote:
>I am considering writing a  program which would combine information from
>Paradox tables on a network server with data from the user, in new
>tables to be stored on the server. The Paradox tables I want to access
>are used in a multi-user Paradox application. Do I need the
>client-server version to
>1) just reading the Paradox tables ?
>2) if my application is to be used by several users simultaneously?

Tore,

In a word, No.   Unless you are going to be writing apps that require
access to SQL Servers (Sybase, MSSQL), you really have no reason to
purchase C/S.  Delphi Developer works fine for what you want to do.

Re:Do I need Client-server version?

Hi,

Paradox is not a client/server database system.
==>>
You can use multiuser environment with Paradox tables (ie on a Novell file
server) with no problem. You can do it with professional version.

Bye

Chopin

Other Threads