How to register outprocess DLL

Please can anybody tell me how to register DLL Automation server (on one
machine and I suppose to see its registration in DCOMCNFG.exe) so I can
instate it from some other machine as client (but not under MTS or COM+).

thanks in advance, Vlada
P.S. regsvr32 puts its GUID in registry but still I can use it as out of
process server that's run on separate machine.

Re:How to register outprocess DLL

A DLL needs a host for outproc usage. Either install it into MTS or COM+ or
manually install it into the registry with the AppID and DLLSurrogate keys
set to dllhost - this is documented somewhere on MSDN.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
http://www.techvanguards.com

"Vladimir Veljkovic - Supic" <vlad...@sezampro.yu> wrote in message

> Please can anybody tell me how to register DLL Automation server (on one
> machine and I suppose to see its registration in DCOMCNFG.exe) so I can
> instate it from some other machine as client (but not under MTS or COM+).

> thanks in advance, Vlada
> P.S. regsvr32 puts its GUID in registry but still I can use it as out of
> process server that's run on separate machine.

Other Threads