RESIZING JPEGS AND SAVING AS A NEW FILE

help i need advice on how to resize a JPEG, keeping aspect ratio to a user
defined size, using delphi 6, if you can help email me at
uss_asto...@hotmail.com

Re:RESIZING JPEGS AND SAVING AS A NEW FILE

"Zack Green" <za...@genie.co.uk> wrote in message

> help i need advice on how to resize a JPEG, keeping aspect ratio to a user
> defined size, using delphi 6, if you can help email me at
> uss_asto...@hotmail.com

Just use a TJPEGImage to load the
JPEG,  create a TBitmap of the size you want, and StretchDraw the JPEG to it.  Then save the TBitmap
or convert it to some other format.  Delphi already does this for no additional cost.  <g>

You might also want to look at the "Resampling" links here.
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/ImagePro...

Or try this old posting about resizing JPEGs
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Library/UseNet/2000/0920a.txt
which can be found in the JPG/JPEG section of this page:
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/FileForm...

To preserve aspect ratios, look at this:
http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab/ImageProcessing/AspectRatio.htm
or use the new D6 "Proportional" TImage property.

--
efg -- Earl F. Glynn, Overland Park, KS  USA
efg's Computer Lab Mirror:  http://homepages.borland.com/efg2lab

Other Threads