Delphi 1.02 / netware 4/.dbf - corrupted dbfs'

I'm having some really strange problems running delphi 1.02 on a novell
network.
Everything works fine on a local machine,  problem only occurs when the
files and code are on the network.

I ran a simple program to read some .dbfs and write the data to another
file.  heres what happened.

1.  Very VERY slow (10 minutes on the local / 3 hours on the network)
2.  Ended up with a .dbf of 3 megs with 0 records, not empty records or
blank records , ZERO records. (double checked with dbase).
3.  the .MDX was never touched,  same size as when .dbf was empty, no date
change, nothing.

Any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out and don't have that much to begin
with.

Re:Delphi 1.02 / netware 4/.dbf - corrupted dbfs'

RSMEINER wrote:

> I'm having some really strange problems running delphi 1.02 on a novell
> network.
> Everything works fine on a local machine,  problem only occurs when the
> files and code are on the network.

> I ran a simple program to read some .dbfs and write the data to another
> file.  heres what happened.

> 1.  Very VERY slow (10 minutes on the local / 3 hours on the network)
> 2.  Ended up with a .dbf of 3 megs with 0 records, not empty records or
> blank records , ZERO records. (double checked with dbase).
> 3.  the .MDX was never touched,  same size as when .dbf was empty, no date
> change, nothing.

> Any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out and don't have that much to begin
> with.

Check your network drivers, both at the DOS level and in Windows.  We've
been burned with old drivers many times before, so we check
www.novell.com routinely to make sure we have the most current stuff.

VLMs will slow things down dramatically.  IPXODI and NETX will be
faster, but may not fit in with your corporate standards.

Windows 95 really helps too (primarily because of current drivers and no
DOS level drivers), even when running Delphi 1.x apps.

--
Damon Pugh
Vision Software

Other Threads