bde16 vs. bde32 in peer-to-peer

I have an app that has been deployed on 4 machines in peer-to-peer
configuration. Sometimes things work great and sometime a user gets a
BDE message complaining about not enough available file handles. I have
each machine set to local share, and each are pointing to the same
network directory on a dedicated machine. The MaxFileHandles was
increased from 48 to 256(the max) and the problem still occurs. These
are 16bit apps, some on 95 machines.

I'm writing a new version, which would require them to upgrade all
machine to 95. Is this going to solve my problems? The current settup
only has 7 tables, whereas the new version is going to have more than
12!

--

          ///         Brett W. Fleming
        / ^ \         Software Engineer II

Re:bde16 vs. bde32 in peer-to-peer

>The MaxFileHandles was
>increased from 48 to 256(the max) and the problem still occurs. These
>are 16bit apps, some on 95 machines.

Setting MaxFileHandles to 256 is probably the opposit of what you
should be doing.  What this does is Tell BDE it can use 256 file
handles which is probably more than you have avalable.  If other
Windows processes need file handles there won't be any left.
What do you have The FILES in your Config.sys set to?
Should be at least 100

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com