ODBC Error connecting to Oracle 7.3

This one is baffling. I wrote an application in Delphi 4 that accesses an
Oracle 7.3 DB using ODBC. Works beautifully on the development machine, but
not on the target machine. Either through the application or through
BDEAdmin (4.0) I get:

General SQL error. [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]
Alias: CPMS

The Oracle driver and ODBC entry seem to be okay, as I can connect from
SQL*PLUS:

connect username/password@ODBC:CPMS

Any strategies or hints for chasing this down? Thanks in Advance.

Dave

Re:ODBC Error connecting to Oracle 7.3

First suggestion I'd have is checking the version level of the development
machine vs the deployment one and get them on the same ODBC version.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your

Re:ODBC Error connecting to Oracle 7.3

Is it possible that you're using the Oracle ODBC driver on one machine,
and the Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle on the other?

John

Other Threads