Calling Delphi functions from user-defined functions

Is it possible to call Delphi functions in a DLL from user-defined functions
in MS SQL Server 2000?
Any info will be very much appreciated.
Yannis

Re:Calling Delphi functions from user-defined functions

Hi Yannis!

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:21:26 +0300, "Yannis Makarounis"

<Yannis.Makarou...@ace-hellas.gr> wrote:
>Is it possible to call Delphi functions in a DLL from user-defined functions
>in MS SQL Server 2000?
>Any info will be very much appreciated.

I guess you can call Delphi functions no problem. This is just a dll
with some entry points that has to follow some rules that SQL server
can call it, but inside you can do what you want.

I havent gone into much detail making extended stored procedures, but
I see no problem for your question.

tomi.

Re:Calling Delphi functions from user-defined functions

Hi Yannis,

take a look at  news://microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming . There a lot
of questions about calling DLL's from UDF's. It doesn't matter is it a
Delphi DLLl , C++ DLL or so on. I'm not sure is it possible.

Lothar

"Tomislav Kardas" <nomail@sorry> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hi Yannis!

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:21:26 +0300, "Yannis Makarounis"
> <Yannis.Makarou...@ace-hellas.gr> wrote:

> >Is it possible to call Delphi functions in a DLL from user-defined
functions
> >in MS SQL Server 2000?
> >Any info will be very much appreciated.

> I guess you can call Delphi functions no problem. This is just a dll
> with some entry points that has to follow some rules that SQL server
> can call it, but inside you can do what you want.

> I havent gone into much detail making extended stored procedures, but
> I see no problem for your question.

> tomi.

Re:Calling Delphi functions from user-defined functions

Is it possible to call Delphi functions in a DLL from user-defined functions
in MS SQL Server 2000?
Any info will be very much appreciated.
Yannis

Other Threads