8.1 Beta Help files

Hi Indy Team,

in the light of the changes found in 8.1 (see my other postings about
CCList.MailAddresses and SMTP.OnWork) I would be pleased to have new help
files. I assume from the download size that they should be available in the
package, but at least the installation routine did not release them (BTW: I
made similar observations when reinstalling the 8.0.xx and had to download
the help files separately).

Kind regards
Uwe

Re:8.1 Beta Help files

"Uwe Barlage" <UweBarl...@netcologne.de> wrote in message

> in the light of the changes found in 8.1 (see my other postings about
> CCList.MailAddresses and SMTP.OnWork) I would be pleased to have new help
> files.

So would I.<g>

No seriously, the Indy 8.1 Help files are being revised/written right now.
Indy 8.1.0-A is Alpha, and the developers are still making some changes.  We
don't have a timeframe for delivery yet, but it's a safe bet that the help
files won't be up to date until shortly after a Beta release.

> I assume from the download size that they should be available in the
> package, but at least the installation routine did not release them (BTW:
> made similar observations when reinstalling the 8.0.xx and had to download
> the help files separately).

The 393kb download does not include the help files.  The winhelp file, toc,
and index is 1.39mb in itself.  There are also options for HTML (4.87mb) and
PDF (680kb).  As a convenience to the bandwidth impaired, they are not all
bundled into one archive file.

We'll try to have updated help files as soon as possible, or with apologies
to Anders, when they're ready.<g>  Given the variety of formats (and the
size of a combined file), I imagine they'll still be a separate downloads.

Thanks for the feedback...

Don Siders (Indy Docs Coordinator)

Re:8.1 Beta Help files

Don,

> The 393kb download does not include the help files.  The winhelp file,
toc,
> and index is 1.39mb in itself.  There are also options for HTML (4.87mb)
and
> PDF (680kb).  As a convenience to the bandwidth impaired, they are not all
> bundled into one archive file.

The download size was 3.73 MB, so I assume it contained the help files as
well.
How can I get it out of the archive?

> The download size was 3.73 MB, so I assume it contained the help files as
> well.

THe 8.1 Download is larger than 8.0.23 becasue it is an installer that
includes the DCUs and BPLs for both Delphi 4 and Delphi 5.  There are no
help files in the Indy 8.1 install.  Download them the Indy 8.0 download
page.  The Indy 8.1 help files are not completed yet.

hth...

Other Threads