Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95

I have been using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 3.1 for about 6 months now, but
I am now considering upgrading my machine to Windows 95.  I want to keep
using Delphi 1.0 for awhile because I am in the middle of a project with
it.  Has anyone had any problems with using Delphi 1.0 while using Windows
95?  If so, please let me know.  If there are problems, I won't upgrade
until the project is finished, and then probably purchase Delphi 2.0 also.

Thanks,  Tom Acree

--
Thomas Acree                   | E-mail: tac...@bgnet.bgsu.edu
Bowling Green State University | WWW: http://www.cs.bgsu.edu/~tacree/

Re:Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95

Tom Acree wrote:

> I have been using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 3.1 for about 6 months now, but
> I am now considering upgrading my machine to Windows 95.  I want to keep
> using Delphi 1.0 for awhile because I am in the middle of a project with
> it.  Has anyone had any problems with using Delphi 1.0 while using Windows
> 95?  If so, please let me know.  If there are problems, I won't upgrade
> until the project is finished, and then probably purchase Delphi 2.0 also.

I've been using Delphi 1.0 with Win95 and haven't had any unusual
problems -- sure I tend to crash the machine with I mangle memory
but that's half the fun :-).

-- John

John E. Bell wrote:

> I've been using Delphi 1.0 with Win95 and haven't had any unusual
> problems -- sure I tend to crash the machine with I mangle memory
> but that's half the fun :-).

> -- John

Yes, but even this happens a lot less!  I don't crash 95 anywhere
near as often as I did 3.1.1.

Brian

Tom Acree wrote:

> I have been using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 3.1 for about 6 months now, but
> I am now considering upgrading my machine to Windows 95.  I want to keep
> using Delphi 1.0 for awhile because I am in the middle of a project with
> it.  Has anyone had any problems with using Delphi 1.0 while using Windows
> 95?  If so, please let me know.  If there are problems, I won't upgrade
> until the project is finished, and then probably purchase Delphi 2.0 also.

I have had a couple of minor problems.  Database desktop sometimes gives me a gpf when closing it.  Reportsmith
always gives me a gpf when closing but the data has always been ok.  Just got Delphi 2 and am not impressed with
the speed of it.  Compiling and running a program seems to take a lot of memory.  It's about half the speed of
Delphi 1.  I have a P120 with 16 megs.
                                                          Dave

Other Threads