FindWindow problem... Please help

A.J.D...@soton.ac.uk wrote:
>The FindWindow() function has 2 parameters, class and window name. Could
>someone please explain in more detail.
>I can find notepad using FindWindow('notepad', nil); but I can't find
>Word!
>Please help, thanks
>Andrew Duke        ||  E-mail:   a...@soton.ac.uk              ||
>                   ||  HomePage: http://www.soton.ac.uk/~ajd  ||

You need to know the class name of an app to use FindWindow
effectively. You can use programs like WinSight to examine a window
and determine it's classname (For Word, it is OpusApp, for Notepad,
it''s Notepad). So, to find Word, you would do:
        FindWindow('OpusApp', nil);

Have Fun,

David Block
CoStar Corporation

Re:FindWindow problem... Please help

A.J.D...@soton.ac.uk  wrote

> The FindWindow() function has 2 parameters, class and window name. Could
> someone please explain in more detail.
> I can find notepad using FindWindow('notepad', nil); but I can't find
> Word!

I would first use WinSight to determine the Window name and the class
name. Then it should work. It has always done when I needed it.

Michael
--

Michael Suedkamp                                      m...@suedkm.franken.de

A.J.D...@soton.ac.uk wrote:
>The FindWindow() function has 2 parameters, class and window name. Could
>someone please explain in more detail.
>I can find notepad using FindWindow('notepad', nil); but I can't find
>Word!
>Please help, thanks

The classname for Microsoft Word is 'OPUSAPP' or 'OPUSAP'
You can use Winsight to determin this exactly.

Hope this helps
Meik Weber
m.we...@public.ndh.com or
100744.3...@compuserve.com