Board index » delphi » Delphi 1.0 serial ports under Windows 95?

Delphi 1.0 serial ports under Windows 95?

Hi,

I have built an application with Delphi 1.0 which contains the MSCOMM
serial comm port component (freeware). Everything works fine under
Windows 3.11, but Windows 95 doesn't like the app anymore, need I say
more?
Is there any way around the registry in Windows 95 without using Delphi
2.0? Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable serial port component
around which compiles under Delphi 1.0 und which works with Windows 95?
I only need basic functions to communicate with an external micro
controller without flow control etc., only to receive/transmit short
binary strings. Does Windows 95 allow direct access to the comm ports?

Thank you for any comments

Helmut

 

Re:Delphi 1.0 serial ports under Windows 95?


On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 22:18:25 -0700,
Helmut Strickner <apo...@gil.com.au> wrote (a crit):

Quote
>Hi,

> Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable serial port component
> around which compiles under Delphi 1.0 und which works with
> Windows 95?

Yes, the 16 bits APD com port componant from TurboPower will works on
both version of windows.

--
Georges Rosset - Geneva/Switzerland
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GeorgesRos...@iprolink.ch

Re:Delphi 1.0 serial ports under Windows 95?


A D1 app with MSComm worked fine for me under W95.  I didn't do a lot of
testing, but it seemed OK.  What error is W95 giving you?

-Robert

Quote
In article <3366D621.2...@gil.com.au>, apo...@gil.com.au wrote:
> Hi,

> I have built an application with Delphi 1.0 which contains the MSCOMM
> serial comm port component (freeware). Everything works fine under
> Windows 3.11, but Windows 95 doesn't like the app anymore, need I say
> more?
> Is there any way around the registry in Windows 95 without using Delphi
> 2.0? Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable serial port component
> around which compiles under Delphi 1.0 und which works with Windows 95?
> I only need basic functions to communicate with an external micro
> controller without flow control etc., only to receive/transmit short
> binary strings. Does Windows 95 allow direct access to the comm ports?

> Thank you for any comments

> Helmut

Re:Delphi 1.0 serial ports under Windows 95?


Georges Rosset <GeorgesRos...@iprolink.ch> schrieb im Beitrag
<3368c476.1268...@news.iprolink.ch>...

Quote
> On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 22:18:25 -0700,
> Helmut Strickner <apo...@gil.com.au> wrote (a crit):

> >Hi,

> > Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable serial port component
> > around which compiles under Delphi 1.0 und which works with
> > Windows 95?

> Yes, the 16 bits APD com port componant from TurboPower will works on
> both version of windows.

> --
> Georges Rosset - Geneva/Switzerland
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> GeorgesRos...@iprolink.ch

--

Hi all,

I wrote this lines very often, but here are they again:

I've a component for serial communication under Delphi 1.x and Windows 3.11
or Windows95. This component is easy to use and works fine on
medical-machines in Vienna's greatest hospital. The component is free to
use !!

If anyone wants it, please e-mail.

Bye

Hartwig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------
///\\\ Hartwig MOTAL ///\\\  e-mail: m...@bue.magwien.gv.at
 Weinberggasse 60/9/7, A-1190  Vienna/Austria/Europe

Re:Delphi 1.0 serial ports under Windows 95?


Robert C. Johnson <rjohn...@airmail.net> schrieb im Beitrag
<5FBAF95F342B9356.00A2D2B2F4B94C50.3F9B4B7D88FEB...@library-proxy.airnews.ne
t>...

Quote
> A D1 app with MSComm worked fine for me under W95.  I didn't do a lot of
> testing, but it seemed OK.  What error is W95 giving you?

> -Robert

> In article <3366D621.2...@gil.com.au>, apo...@gil.com.au wrote:

> > Hi,

> > I have built an application with Delphi 1.0 which contains the MSCOMM
> > serial comm port component (freeware). Everything works fine under
> > Windows 3.11, but Windows 95 doesn't like the app anymore, need I say
> > more?
> > Is there any way around the registry in Windows 95 without using Delphi
> > 2.0? Can anyone tell me if there is a suitable serial port component
> > around which compiles under Delphi 1.0 und which works with Windows 95?
> > I only need basic functions to communicate with an external micro
> > controller without flow control etc., only to receive/transmit short
> > binary strings. Does Windows 95 allow direct access to the comm ports?

> > Thank you for any comments

> > Helmut

--

Hallo all,

I've a component which handles the serial communication under Delphi 1.x.
My component always works fine under Windows 3.11 and Windows95 and it is
easy to use. So, if you'll want it, send an e-mail. The component is free
to use !!

Bye

Hartwig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------
///\\\ Hartwig MOTAL ///\\\  e-mail: m...@bue.magwien.gv.at
 Weinberggasse 60/9/7, A-1190  Vienna/Austria/Europe

Other Threads