Problem with SHBrowseForFolders function on Win95

I have developed an application on Windows 98 that uses the
SHBrowseForFolders function, incorporating the bfEdit box.
Everything runs perfectly on several Windows 98 machines, but when I tried
running the program on a Windows 95 machine, the bfEdit box no longer
appeared on the SHBrowseForFolders dialog.
I have tried updating the commctrl32.dll file using the 401comupd.exe
update, to no avail.
Does anyone know how to resolved this problem, as it is driving me nuts!

TIA.

--
goo (at) global (dot) co (dot) za
(aitch) (tee) (tee) (pee) (colon) (slash) (slash) www (dot) genitek (dot)

Re:Problem with SHBrowseForFolders function on Win95

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 01:01:46 +0200, "Goo" <ch...@my.signature> wrote:
>I have developed an application on Windows 98 that uses the
>SHBrowseForFolders function, incorporating the bfEdit box.
>Everything runs perfectly on several Windows 98 machines, but when I tried
>running the program on a Windows 95 machine, the bfEdit box no longer
>appeared on the SHBrowseForFolders dialog.
>I have tried updating the commctrl32.dll file using the 401comupd.exe
>update, to no avail.
>Does anyone know how to resolved this problem, as it is driving me nuts!

If I'm reading the documentation right (good luck), that feature is only
available if IE 4 *and* active desktop are installed.

--
Report all {*word*201} mail to your Potsmaster.

Other Threads