Random Problem in Delphi (Lockup during repaint)

Hello,

In Delphi 5 IDE running an App we are receiving a random and
sporadic error.  This seems to happen most often after clicking a
particular button.  Tracing proves nothing.

At the point we press this button, the delphi form looks halfway
re-painted and then we lock. We are befuddled by this, and can't
send the product out though we are unable to trace it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scott

Re:Random Problem in Delphi (Lockup during repaint)

Hi Scott,

Could you let us see the code on the button?

Ruth

MIMICS <fins...@mimics.com> wrote in message

> Hello,

> In Delphi 5 IDE running an App we are receiving a random and
> sporadic error.  This seems to happen most often after clicking a
> particular button.  Tracing proves nothing.

> At the point we press this button, the delphi form looks halfway
> re-painted and then we lock. We are befuddled by this, and can't
> send the product out though we are unable to trace it.

> Any help would be much appreciated.

> Scott

Re:Random Problem in Delphi (Lockup during repaint)

Have you tried memproof?  Sounds like you may be freeing a non-existant
resource or otherwise overwriting memory used by the from.

 http://www.mers.com/download.html

...Jim

MIMICS wrote:
> Hello,

> In Delphi 5 IDE running an App we are receiving a random and
> sporadic error.  This seems to happen most often after clicking a
> particular button.  Tracing proves nothing.

> At the point we press this button, the delphi form looks halfway
> re-painted and then we lock. We are befuddled by this, and can't
> send the product out though we are unable to trace it.

> Any help would be much appreciated.

> Scott

Other Threads