STDIN/STDOUT

Does anyone know how to read/write to the standard devices
(STDIN/STDOUT) with BP7.0 for Windows.  It's supposedly easy to do
with C++ but I'm having trouble with Pascal.

Re:STDIN/STDOUT

nob...@nowhere.com wrote:

[Inappropriate newsgroup: comp.lang.pascal.borland added and follow-ups
redirected to it].

> Does anyone know how to read/write to the standard devices
> (STDIN/STDOUT) with BP7.0 for Windows.  It's supposedly easy to do
> with C++ but I'm having trouble with Pascal.

uses WinCRT is probably the easiest way to do it.

The problem is to use the concept of interactive devices (or consoles) in
an environment (Windows) designed in a fully different way.

BTW, the closest equivalent to stdin and stdout in Borland Pascal are the
pseudo-files named '' (the empty string).  A nice concept.

Hope it helps,

Antoine

Other Threads