Sending Email With Delphi???

How can I send an Email with my Delphi application?

Re:Sending Email With Delphi???

If you use the Application Wizard that comes with D3 to generate a Win
95 Logo Application you will see that It Generates a MenuItem called
Send.  There Is some code behind this item and It Accesses MAPI - which
I assume is a Mail  API.

Jungle wrote:
> How can I send an Email with my Delphi application?

Re:Sending Email With Delphi???

Hi Kirk,

>If you use the Application Wizard that comes with D3 to generate a Win
>95 Logo Application you will see that It Generates a MenuItem called
>Send.  There Is some code behind this item and It Accesses MAPI - which
>I assume is a Mail  API.

I just tried that. All i get from the application generated by that
wizard is an instant "Error sending Mail".

Ciao, MM

Re:Sending Email With Delphi???

Do you have your mail program set up as the MAPI default?

- A.

In article <34e8178e.5457...@news.ivm.de>, Ma...@home.ivm.de says...

--
(To reply remove the NO from my address!)

Re:Sending Email With Delphi???

Do you have a MAPI compliant e-mail package loaded?  I think it requires the
MAPI interface.  If you don't want to use MAPI then take a look at the
samples using the internet control pack - they use SMTP and will work with
Internet mail rather than MAPI.

HTH

Cheers,
Kevin.

Jungle wrote:

> How can I send an Email with my Delphi application?

Try to use the components of Andreas (Andy) Hoerstemeier.
They are free, wonderfull, and easy to use. The SMTP components provided
with Delphi are rotten. Trust me !

Take a look at http://www.westend.de/~hoerstemeier

I'm sure this helps.

 Frederic JUGE
 Tar...@Wanadoo.fr
"There's nothing to try, You do it or you don't !" Yoda.

Re:Sending Email With Delphi???

You may want to have a look at the Internet Mail Suite (www.argosoft.com).
They've got a pretty good set of VCL components.

Paul Mason

#DONT#SPAM#ME#pa...@micro{*word*143}.com
remove the #DONT#SPAM#ME#

Jungle wrote:

> How can I send an Email with my Delphi application?

The simpliest way is

ShellExecute('mailto:YourAdres...@YourSite.com',..,..,..)

--
Victor Khvastov
Donetsk, Ukraine

Re:Sending Email With Delphi???

The simplest way is to use ShellExecute.  Be sure to precede the e=mail
address with "mailto:".  However, be sure user has MAPI enabled.
If not, Francois's suite is your best bet.

Bob B.

Jungle wrote:

> How can I send an Email with my Delphi application?

The simpliest way is

ShellExecute('mailto:YourAdres...@YourSite.com',..,..,..)

--
Victor Khvastov