TProgressBar and TQuery

In my current project I have a number of large queries that take
considerable time to initialize. I am wondering if there is a way to use
TProgressBar to indicate to the user that something is actually happening.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Deeley
bobdee...@nikesec.com

Re:TProgressBar and TQuery

Bob,

This depends upon the server you are using. If the server supports the use of
callback functions while running queries than you have a solution. If
callbacks are not available then you may be OOL.

Just make sure the callback function is as fast as possible, since it may slow
down the query. I am not sure if the server waits for completion of the CB
before continuing with the query, but I would not be surprised.

Glenn.

Bob Deeley wrote:
> In my current project I have a number of large queries that take
> considerable time to initialize. I am wondering if there is a way to use
> TProgressBar to indicate to the user that something is actually happening.
> Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Bob Deeley
> bobdee...@nikesec.com