How to convert bmp, jpg, gif, etc to 766byte Icon

How do I convert a standard 32x32 bmp, gif, jpg to a TRUE
Icon (ICO) file of 766 bytes?  I've tried copying the file, but it
doesn't work!  Please e-mail me with code as well as posting
if possible.

Carl Kruck
ckr...@hotmail.com

Re:How to convert bmp, jpg, gif, etc to 766byte Icon

On Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:42:37 GMT, ckr...@hotmail.com wrote:
> How do I convert a standard 32x32 bmp, gif, jpg to a TRUE
> Icon (ICO) file of 766 bytes?

Use the image editor, copy the bmp to the clipboard, and then paste it
into a new icon.

> I've tried copying the file

Right, that won't work, the .bmp and .ico formats, for example, are
very different.

> with code

You can also use CopyRect to copy a rectangle from an bitmap's canvas
to an icon's canvas.

--
Rick Rogers (TeamB) | Fenestra Technologies
http://www.fenestra.com/

ckr...@hotmail.com wrote in message <1103_910186957@default>...
>How do I convert a standard 32x32 bmp, gif, jpg to a TRUE
>Icon (ICO) file of 766 bytes?  I've tried copying the file, but it
>doesn't work!  Please e-mail me with code as well as posting
>if possible.

Have you tried "How can I create an icon from an (sic) bitmap?"
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/1669.html

There is also information about this in the "Tomes of Delphi 3
-- Win32 Graphical API," pp. 359-361.

For other Delphi Graphical File Format Conversions, try
www.infomaster.net/external/efg/Library/Delphi/Graphics/FileFormatsAn...

efg
efg's Computer Lab:  http://infomaster.net/external/efg
Soon moving to www.efg2.com/lab