HELP!!! Calling forms inside Delphi 2.0 OLE servers

sky...@erols.com wrote:
>I created an OLE server in Delphi and added a form.  When I call the
>server to bring up the form I get an error that states an over read
>address.  This occurs whether I call the server from VB or Delphi.
>If anyone knows how to fix this problem or has seen this problem
>please respond.
>    Thanks
>            Todd

What the heck is an Over read address??. I have an OLE Automation
Server with a form in it that works OK. Is this an InProcess (DLL) or
OutofProcess (EXE) Automation Server?

The form cannot be accessed directly from the client; you have to use
access routines to manipulate the form. Also, you have to remember to
manually create the form in a DLL call before you can do anything to
it.

i.e.
  MyForm := TMyForm.Create(Application);

Re:HELP!!! Calling forms inside Delphi 2.0 OLE servers

I created an OLE server in Delphi and added a form.  When I call the
server to bring up the form I get an error that states an over read
address.  This occurs whether I call the server from VB or Delphi.
If anyone knows how to fix this problem or has seen this problem
please respond.
        Thanks
                Todd

Other Threads