Q: Converting Paradox table to MS SQL table

I am new in MS SQL. I am using MS SQL Server 6.5.
We have some Paradox tables in the old system.
At this moment, we are going to change our database to MS SQL.
What is the easiest way to convert Paradox tables to MS SQL tables?
Do I have to create each table structure, index, etc in MS SQL manually then
moving data from Paradox to MS SQL? Is there a way to do this automatically?

Thanks in advance.

-----
Alif Yukkas
a...@lintasarta.co.id

Re:Q: Converting Paradox table to MS SQL table

Alif Yukkas wrote:

> I am new in MS SQL. I am using MS SQL Server 6.5.
> We have some Paradox tables in the old system.
> At this moment, we are going to change our database to MS SQL.
> What is the easiest way to convert Paradox tables to MS SQL tables?
> Do I have to create each table structure, index, etc in MS SQL manually then
> moving data from Paradox to MS SQL? Is there a way to do this automatically?

> Thanks in advance.

I believe you could create a database in MS SQL, then create a BDE Alias
referencing that
database.

Then use the Datapump utility to move the data ...

Rkr

--
                   \|||/
                   /'^'\

Re:Q: Converting Paradox table to MS SQL table

Hi Alif,
    I have written a program that you might find helpful. It is called WinSQL.
This program allows you to write a query against Paradox and export the result
into MS SQL Server. It will also create the table structure for you. You will
have to create the index and foreign key relationships yourself.
    You can download the program from http://www.imranweb.com in the "Free
Software" section. Get the Professional version of WinSQL. It requires ODBC.

Please let me know if you find this tool helpful.

Imran.

Alif Yukkas wrote:
> I am new in MS SQL. I am using MS SQL Server 6.5.
> We have some Paradox tables in the old system.
> At this moment, we are going to change our database to MS SQL.
> What is the easiest way to convert Paradox tables to MS SQL tables?
> Do I have to create each table structure, index, etc in MS SQL manually then
> moving data from Paradox to MS SQL? Is there a way to do this automatically?

Imran Hussain
MCP, MCSD
imr...@imranweb.com
http://www.imranweb.com