: Problem install Delphi 2 in Win95

Hi there !

Is there anybody that can tell me why I am getting this error message when
i try to install Delphi 2 in Windows 95:

"MSVCRT40.DLL for Win32s
Error: This version of MSVCRT40.DLL
is only intended for Win32s"

I hope that anybody could help me !

Best regards
Kjetil B Hansen
eMail: kjeti...@online.no

Re:: Problem install Delphi 2 in Win95

Kjetil B Hansen <kjeti...@online.no> wrote in article
<01bc4a9b$a1332080$442ad5c1@kjetilbh>...

> Hi there !

> Is there anybody that can tell me why I am getting this error message
when
> i try to install Delphi 2 in Windows 95:

> "MSVCRT40.DLL for Win32s
> Error: This version of MSVCRT40.DLL
> is only intended for Win32s"

> I hope that anybody could help me !

You need a different version of MSVCRT40.DLL.  They sometimes get
overwritten by other software, etc. I have it and can email it to you if
you like (hopefully that's legal!) .  Please send me an email and I'll send
it to you (the file is 319KB, so I don't want to post it to the NG).

HTH

James{*word*19}burn
Melbourne
w...@ibm.net

Re:: Problem install Delphi 2 in Win95

Hi out there !

Is there anybody that could help me with my problems, i have tried to
install Delphi 2 under Windows 95 but can't make it. The installation stops
after about 16% and give the following message :

"MSVCRT40.DLL for Win32s
Error: This version of MSVCRT40.DLL
is only intended for Win32s"

Is there anybody that can help me out, I would preciate it very much !!

Kjetil B Hansen wrote:

> Hi out there !

> Is there anybody that could help me with my problems, i have tried to
> install Delphi 2 under Windows 95 but can't make it. The installation stops
> after about 16% and give the following message :

> "MSVCRT40.DLL for Win32s
> Error: This version of MSVCRT40.DLL
> is only intended for Win32s"

> Is there anybody that can help me out, I would preciate it very much !!

> Best regards,

> Kjetil B Hansen
> eMail: kjeti...@online.no

Have you got any app built to run under Win32s (that is, the 32 bit
subset used for portability on win 3.x platform) ?

If yes, it has almost surely replaced any previous version of
msvcrt40.dll (BTW, it is the Visual C runtime, which is used to run
OCX).

try to find out any copy of this file, and keep the most recent. Or else
try to delete it. Installing program should copy its 32bit version.

Max Lambertini
(m...@dsnet.it)

Other Threads