Master/detail performance-question (network/paradox/query)

Using local SQL, I created a master-detail-form. Every time a new
record is selected in the master-grid, the detail-SQL-statement is
executed again, with repeated network- and BDE-overhead.

Is there a way to retrieve all detail-records in a temporary query and
sub-query this temporary query? I can't find a way to sub-query a
query.
Or is there a way to retrieve all detail-records and cache them in
memory? I tried creating a temporary local table, but this adds an
additional performance penalty, instead of solving one.

Remko

Re:Master/detail performance-question (network/paradox/query)

re...@worldaccess.nl <Remko> wrote in article
<331231c1.12702...@news.worldaccess.nl>...

> Using local SQL, I created a master-detail-form. Every time a new
> record is selected in the master-grid, the detail-SQL-statement is
> executed again, with repeated network- and BDE-overhead.

> Is there a way to retrieve all detail-records in a temporary query and
> sub-query this temporary query? I can't find a way to sub-query a
> query.

Yep. That's the problem. And I think that it is the right way.
To increase perfomance instead of the Detail Tquery, I've used a TTbale
component. And it works much faster.

Other Threads