Upgrading Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0

I plan on upgrading Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0 soon.
From reading the doc, it will install 2.0 in an entirely different
directory?

Why leave 80+mb around and add 110+mb more?

Should I uninstall Delphi 1.0 first?
Any suggestions for a tool to do this for Win'95?
Is there anything Delphi 1.0 can do that Delphi 2.0 can't?

Why was this not in the manual?  I searched the .txt files on the
cd-rom and all the paper doc.  I have not yet installed, maybe it
handles it there?

My migration path was:

Win 3.1
Delphi 1.0
Win '95
.... and now Delphi 2.0, but it will go in the \PROGRAMS directory?
--
Best Wishes!!!
Robert Huggins

Re:Upgrading Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0

hugg...@prodigy.com (Robert Huggins) wrote:
>I plan on upgrading Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0 soon.
>From reading the doc, it will install 2.0 in an entirely different
>directory?

>Why leave 80+mb around and add 110+mb more?

>Should I uninstall Delphi 1.0 first?
>Any suggestions for a tool to do this for Win'95?
>Is there anything Delphi 1.0 can do that Delphi 2.0 can't?

>Why was this not in the manual?  I searched the .txt files on the
>cd-rom and all the paper doc.  I have not yet installed, maybe it
>handles it there?

>My migration path was:

>Win 3.1
>Delphi 1.0
>Win '95
>.... and now Delphi 2.0, but it will go in the \PROGRAMS directory?
>--

The one important thing Delphi 1 can do that Delphi 2.0 can't
is to compile 16bit .EXEs for Win 3.x. If you will never need to
do that, you can scrub Delphi 1; otherwise, you can save some of
the 80Mb by weeding the demo files and other stuff you won't need
again.

--
Best wishes

John Nurick

e-mail: j.nur...@dial.pipex.com
v-mail: <+44|0> 191 281 1306

Re:Upgrading Delphi 1.0 to Delphi 2.0

I think you can just delete the Delphi 1.0 subdirectory and leave some
DLLs in Win95
directory, because they don't take much space. Of course, you can use
MicroHelp
Uninstaller to uninstall the Delphi 1.0, but it will take many times.

Other Threads