Slow response in Win 2K compared with Win 9x

Hi All

I wrote an app in D4 that used a database file of type Record.  If the file
is located on my Win NT server and I access it from the app on a Win 9x
machine, the retrieval of records is about as fast as when the file is on
the local drive.  However, when I access the same file using the same app on
a Win 2K (or XP) machine, I see a noticeable delay before the record data is
displayed.

Has anyone got any ideas of where the problem could be?  A single record
size is 2.5Kb.  I assume it must be something to do with Win2K/XP rather
than Delphi but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy