D3: TDBRichEdit problems

I have a TDBRichEdit linked to an SQL Server 6.5 table.
I have no problems accepting input to the richedit, altering fonts, colors, etc.
The Post puts the dbrichedit text in the 'text' datatype SQL table column with
no problems.
BUT...when I retrieve the data and show it in the dbRichEdit box, the display is
raw RTF, not the formatted text.
Should not the dbrichedit component accept this and parse it to display the
formatted text?  What am I missing here?

(PS: tried it with a TRichEdit and manually moved the text around, same problem)

Re:D3: TDBRichEdit problems

Thomas Hill wrote:

> I have a TDBRichEdit linked to an SQL Server 6.5 table.
> I have no problems accepting input to the richedit, altering fonts, colors, etc.
> The Post puts the dbrichedit text in the 'text' datatype SQL table column with
> no problems.
> BUT...when I retrieve the data and show it in the dbRichEdit box, the display is
> raw RTF, not the formatted text.
> Should not the dbrichedit component accept this and parse it to display the
> formatted text?  What am I missing here?

> (PS: tried it with a TRichEdit and manually moved the text around, same problem)

Just a guess: maybe the control uses codes that are not supported by the
ANSI standard; try using a BLOB?

Re:D3: TDBRichEdit problems

Don;t know what I did, but it works now - the DBRichEdit control show proper
rich font text, with formattting.  but....it displays an annoying 'flash' as it
gets the raw RTF text and the formats it in the text box.  Anyone know a way to
disable the control until the formatting has been done?

Re:D3: TDBRichEdit problems

I have this working and it must be idiot's luck cause I didn't
do anything special.  Sql server 6.5, Text type fields(and more than one)
and I get displayed back formatted text through odbc.

From a query, request live = true; insert by stored proc to create
an identity and then just modified with dbRichEdit (and a very cut
version of the richedit demo routines) and a datasource.

Other Threads