Installing Updated System DLLs

If on installation of an application one finds that a system DLL is not a late
enough yersion, one can install an updated version.

Is there then any way to make the system re-load the later DLL _without_ having
to re-boot the system.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Re:Installing Updated System DLLs

AlanGLLoyd skrev i meldingen
<19991018013610.20626.00000...@ngol03.aol.com>...

>If on installation of an application one finds that a system DLL is
not a late
>enough yersion, one can install an updated version.

>Is there then any way to make the system re-load the later DLL
_without_ having
>to re-boot the system.

>Alan Lloyd
>alangll...@aol.com

I would guess this is impossible, because not all (if any)
applications were designed to be able to reload system dll's. I don't
think a std. delphi app would be able to...
Wouldn't designing an app for this be quite difficult ?
--

Bjoerge

Re:Installing Updated System DLLs

Im Artikel <19991018013610.20626.00000...@ngol03.aol.com>, alangll...@aol.com
(AlanGLLoyd) schreibt:

>Is there then any way to make the system re-load the later DLL _without_
>having
>to re-boot the system.

When the DLL currently is in use, you cannot replace it without exiting
Windows, or at best after killing all applications which use that DLL.

Otherwise simply overwrite the DLL and continue.

BTW: Win/32 searches the application directory first for DLL's, then the System
directory, and the DOS path as last ressort.

DoDi

Other Threads