Paradox 7 Locking BDE 4.51

Hi,
I have problems on locking Paradox 7 tables in a windows peer to peer
network.
This problem occurs since I use BDE 4.51.

If user1 edits a record, all other users can edit this record too.
I have checked already the NET DIR - that's o.k. All users uses the same

PDOXUSRS.NET File.

I'm missing Paradox.lck and PdoxUsrs.lck in my database directory too.
In a netware 4.11 network this problem doesnt occure.

What could the reason? LOCAL SHARE is set to FALSE in both networks,
but under netware it works fine, in the peer to peer network it doesnt.

Thank you for hints or help
Regards and nice weekend
Hermann

Re:Paradox 7 Locking BDE 4.51

I found now the answer by myself:
LOCAL SHARE must be TRUE

Witex AG (Hermann Schmidt) schrieb:

> Hi,
> I have problems on locking Paradox 7 tables in a windows peer to peer
> network.
> This problem occurs since I use BDE 4.51.

> If user1 edits a record, all other users can edit this record too.
> I have checked already the NET DIR - that's o.k. All users uses the same

> PDOXUSRS.NET File.

> I'm missing Paradox.lck and PdoxUsrs.lck in my database directory too.
> In a netware 4.11 network this problem doesnt occure.

> What could the reason? LOCAL SHARE is set to FALSE in both networks,
> but under netware it works fine, in the peer to peer network it doesnt.

> Thank you for hints or help
> Regards and nice weekend
> Hermann

Re:Paradox 7 Locking BDE 4.51

Local Share _must_ be set to True for a peer-to-peer network.  See TI2989 at
www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list for more information.

--
Bill