Align Property not working?

I am trying to create a program, which is essentially notepad with multiple
pages, in an effort to familiarise myself with various somponents and
options. The code below is what I have so far, and it has an interesting
problem. When I create a new tabsheet, and then a new memo component on that
sheet, setting the Align property of the TMemo does not seem to work, and I
cant work out why. The tabsheet's are being created along with the Memo's,
but I have feeling that I am not doing some thing right, and that is causing
the problem. If anyone could spot the problem, or come up with a work
around, it would be much appreciated. Also any suggestions will be taken
with open arms.

--------code starts here--------
unit Main;

interface

uses
  Menus, StdCtrls, ComCtrls;

type
  TMainForm = class(TForm)
    PageControl: TPageControl;
    MainMenu1: TMainMenu;
    mnuFile: TMenuItem;
    mnuFileNew: TMenuItem;
    N1: TMenuItem;
    mnuFileExit: TMenuItem;
    UnTitledSheet: TTabSheet;
    UnTitledMemo: TMemo;
    procedure mnuFileNewClick(Sender: TObject);
    procedure mnuFileExitClick(Sender: TObject);
    procedure FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
  private
    { Private declarations }
  public
    { Public declarations }
  end;

var
  MainForm: TMainForm;
  NewSheet : TTabSheet;
  NewMemo : TMemo;
  UntitledCount : Integer;

implementation

{$R *.DFM}

procedure TMainForm.mnuFileNewClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  NewSheet := TTabSheet.Create(PageControl);
  NewSheet.PageControl := PageControl;
  Inc(UntitledCount); {increment the untitled count by 1}
  NewSheet.Caption := 'Untitled' + IntToStr(UntitledCount);

  NewMemo := TMemo.Create(NewSheet);
  NewMemo.Align := alClient;
  NewMemo.ParentWindow := Newsheet.Handle;
  with NewSheet do{size the memo, as alClient does not seem to work}

NewMemo.SetBounds(ClientRect.Left,ClientRect.Top,ClientRect.right,ClientRect
.bottom);
  NewMemo.Visible := true;
end;

procedure TMainForm.mnuFileExitClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  Close;
end;

procedure TMainForm.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  UnTitledCount := 1;
end;

end.